Wednesday, October 04, 2006

figuring all this stuff out

So after creating this blog, I quickly realized that I had a lot to learn, and that I should've signed up for Blogger's beta version of blogging. So after messing around with a lot of stuff, I am now switched over to the beta version, have a profile pic up, and am messing around with stuff to figure out how i can make things smoother, look how i want, and give me the most options for types of posts and links that i want to have...

i have to say, messing around with html and all this junk is kind of fun (as long as i keep saving my current stuff so i won't lose it). anyway, technology can be a pretty sweet thing (though of course it causes just as many problems often times than it solves, and can often have a costly effect on our lives and community (thanks Wendell Berry), but today i like it).

anybody want to come pack up my apartment for me?

4 comments:

Rev. April said...

welcome to blogosphere, josh :)

Todd said...

yeah, technology can be sweet; but it can also snatch away the day. Between switching my blog to beta and updating that, and setting up gmail--I got almost nothing done yesterday. Thanks, Josh (my technology mentor) ;)

Josh said...

well Todd, I'm glad that i could provide technological fodder that would provide joy and fulfillment for a whole day. how are you liking gmail so far?

Todd said...

pretty good--I love the figuring everything out (I can be kind of slow with this stuff, however). I've used yahoo mail since I first started on the internet--yeah, I was around when there was no internet...I went to college when you used typewriters instead of computers. Ancient, huh.

Anyway, it's a big switch, but I think I'm ready! (Kind of dramatic for a little thing like email, huh.)