Monday, October 02, 2006

Finally (can I say finally in my first post?)

So I'm finally doing more than blogging on other people's sites and lurking without having a blog of my own. Though I finally am starting a blog, this is my first post, and I'm probably supposed to say something sentimental or of some profound sense of why I'm starting to have my own blog or whatever. To be honest, we probably don't need another young, white, middle-class dude saying stuff and filling up the world with more words...but I thought it would be fun, and would keep me honest and open for a bit, and I miss the practice of writing out some of my thoughts...

Thus, "Moments of Recognition" has been born. (or insert whatever lame introduction to a blog you'd like) A good friend of mine had written about this notion that maybe faith and belief are wrapped up in simple and beautiful recognition of God. This was something that Shey and I had been talking about for weeks, this idea and notion that prayer, faith, and belief are centered in moments of recognition where God is seen or heard, touched or whispered, abundant or close. And sometimes these moments, especially when they happen in community, when God is recognized, a simple and yet wonderful beauty is found.

So I hoped that this blog would provide a time to share and reflect on some of these moments, and some of the absences of these moments too. Of course I hope these moments will also include some insights into the culture, church, theology, seminary, and community that I find myself in these days...so I've finally arrived to only begin...here's to another new blog to distract me from studying...

peace...
Josh

No comments: