Wednesday, January 24, 2007

snow day!

Well, I'm just going to be up front about this:

I've become a birder.

I know, I'm a dork, and I've dragged my wonderful and much less dorky wife down into the depths with me...but it is true. I just love it. And let me say that when it snows, the birds go crazy. I think they realize that they are going to have to consume a lot of food to stay warm (and alive) through the night. This is all to say, on the snow day this weekend, we saw more birds at the feeder at one time than ever before. We didn't see many new species, but we saw a lot of interesting interactions at the feeder and on the ground below the feeder. I won't bore you with much more...I will share a couple of my favorite picks from the snow day (which was awesome by the way...a needed break!).


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Todd said...

Hey Josh, Ashley and I were just looking at your pictures; very beautiful! We can't wait to come out and see your place; let's get it on the calendar after our trip! Looking forward to San Diego!